- RSS Channel Showcase 7506315
- RSS Channel Showcase 4801948
- RSS Channel Showcase 6044246
- RSS Channel Showcase 3820996
Articles on this Page
- 11/16/17--17:11: _APAC villa rentals ...
- 11/16/17--17:31: _Fujita Kanko forays...
- 11/16/17--17:40: _Green lane created ...
- 11/19/17--17:58: _Western Australia c...
- 11/19/17--18:07: _Indonesia moves to ...
- 11/19/17--18:16: _PayPal launches tra...
- 11/19/17--18:23: _Malaysia proffers m...
- 11/19/17--18:32: _Langkawi heightens ...
- 11/19/17--19:01: _Yunnan cleans up it...
- 11/19/17--19:53: _Nicholas Emery prom...
- 11/20/17--17:17: _Dream on
- 11/20/17--17:37: _IATA says infrastru...
- 11/20/17--17:43: _Tohoku increases ef...
- 11/20/17--17:44: _Sri Lanka to hold g...
- 11/20/17--17:54: _New airlines, predo...
- 11/20/17--17:55: _China’s rural touri...
- 11/21/17--17:46: _Washington DC launc...
- 11/21/17--18:14: _Silversea hoists sa...
- 11/21/17--18:24: _Hotel investments o...
- 11/21/17--18:25: _Maldives airport un...
- 11/16/17--17:11: APAC villa rentals a US$390 million industry: Villa-Finder.com
- 11/16/17--17:40: Green lane created for Singapore agents to go high tech
- 11/19/17--17:58: Western Australia courts Chinese visitors with Ctrip deal
- 11/19/17--18:07: Indonesia moves to dispel fears of Mt Agung
- 11/19/17--18:16: PayPal launches travel cancellation protection in S’pore
- 11/19/17--18:23: Malaysia proffers more lesser-known destinations to Chinese visitors
- 11/19/17--18:32: Langkawi heightens courtship of European travellers
- 11/19/17--19:01: Yunnan cleans up its act
- 11/19/17--19:53: Nicholas Emery promoted to MD of Regent Beijing
- 11/20/17--17:17: Dream on
- 11/20/17--17:43: Tohoku increases efforts to woo Muslim visitors
- 11/20/17--17:44: Sri Lanka to hold ground-breaking Chinese mass wedding
- 11/20/17--17:54: New airlines, predominantly Chinese, set to land in Cambodia
- 11/20/17--17:55: China’s rural tourism efforts lift villages out of poverty
- 11/21/17--17:46: Washington DC launches WeChat travel guide
- 11/21/17--18:14: Silversea hoists sails for Asia
- 11/21/17--18:24: Hotel investments of the future
- 11/21/17--18:25: Maldives airport undergoes further transformation
The Asia-Pacific villa rental segment accounts for US$390 million of the global US$120 billion vacation rental market, according to a Villa-Finder.com analysis of Airbnb listings and Airdna data. It estimates there are 9,000 villas for rent in Asia-Pacific, only about three-quarters of the total number of properties that are available full-time in Paris. There are signs that […]
Japan’s Fujita Kanko will foray into the serviced residences business with its first property scheduled to open in Greater Jakarta’s Cikarang in the fall of 2019. “South-east Asia is a market that we’ve been eagerly watching, and we saw a big opportunity in Cikarang,” said Akira Segawa, president and CEO of Fujita Kanko. “We have […]
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is developing a “green lane” to support the industry in technology adoption. There has been a five-fold increase in the number of applications by Singapore agents for project funding to develop and adopt innovative technology solutions. Following the STB-NATAS (National Association of Travel Agents Singapore) launch of the Tourism Innovation […]
Ctrip has signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Tourism Western Australia, aimed at connecting Chinese travellers to the emerging destination. Western Australia is seeing Chinese tourist numbers grow 6.9 per cent year-on-year, with a three-year growth average of 11.2 per cent. Ctrip’s data also shows that spending power is also on the rise. Chinese tourists […]
Following reports on Mt Agung eruption warnings, the Republic of Indonesia’s Ministry of Tourism is stepping up to address “misinformation” that has dented tourism business for the island of Bali. The ministry’s director for Asia Pacific Tourism Promotions, Vinsensius Jemadu, told TTG Asia in an interview that since the initial reports on Mt Agung’s rumblings, […]
PayPal has partnered with Aon Singapore to offer free travel cancellation protection service to its Singapore users, its first in Asia-Pacific. In cases when users are forced to cancel their trips, the service covers irrecoverable travel expenses capped at S$500 (US$368.90) a year. This applies to trip components including flight, car rental, hotel and Airbnb […]
Encouraged by improved air links between Malaysia and China, Tourism Malaysia is stepping up efforts to tap tourist traffic from second- and third-tier Chinese cities while maintaining marketing efforts in the first-tier ones. Tourism Malaysia’s chairman, Siew Ka Wei, told TTG Asia: “We believe travellers from second- and third-tier cities tend to stay longer and […]
Langkawi Development Authority (LADA) is stepping up efforts to grow arrivals from Europe, which had earlier been hit by Malaysia Airlines’ suspension of most of its routes to the region. Its CEO, Azizan Noordin, said: “European arrivals (which make up 20 per cent of international visitors to the island) are important as they spend an […]
While an ongoing tourism industry clean-up in Yunnan has presented difficulties to tourism players used to the old ways of conducting business, they are also being nudged towards overhauling their tour formats to have a stronger focus on community-based tourism. Despite seeing business dip since 22 new measures and regulations – which include prohibition of […]
Regent Hotels Group has promoted Nicholas Emery from general manager to managing director at Regent Beijing. He first joined Regent Beijing as general manager in December 2015. The promotion acknowledges Emery’s accomplishments over the past two years, reflecting his expanded role in coordinating the extensive three-year renovation programme of Regent Beijing working in partnership with […]
Dream Cruises’ inaugural vessel, Genting Dream, said it is the first mega luxury cruise ship to homeport exclusively in Singapore. This marks the first time Singapore has hosted a large-scale, 150,695-tonne cruise ship for an extended period, said a press release. From her new Singapore homeport at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore, Genting Dream will take travellers […]
IATA has called on the Philippine government to tackle the more pressing issue of airport infrastructure, and abandon proposals to increase aviation taxes in the form of a tourism tax and Green Fee. “Aviation is vital to the Philippines. It supports 1.2 million jobs and US$9.2 billion in GDP…But the social and economic benefits of […]
To promote tourism to Tohoku, a region of Japan’s Honshu Island, Japan’s Reconstruction Agency has launched a Muslim-friendly Tohoku campaign. The campaign is aimed at establishing the infrastructure necessary to receive Muslim inbound traffic in six prefectures of the Tohoku district. In addition, educational workshops were held at major hotels in Tohoku to deepen the […]
In an effort to position Sri Lanka as a wedding destination, local authorities are preparing to hitch 75 to 100 couples from China saying “I do” at a mass wedding ceremony in Colombo on December 17. Harendra Rodrigo, chairman of Green Leaves Leisure, the main organiser of the event, told TTG Asia that 700 to […]
A string of new airlines is set to fly to Cambodia in the near future, paving the way for more regional traffic, particularly Chinese, in the destination. At the inaugural Cambodia Travel Mart in Siem Reap, Nuno Costa, marketing and sales director for Cambodia Airports, said Chinese airline Ruili Airlines will soon announce that it […]
Rural villages in China are reporting unprecedented growth spurred by a nationwide initiative of poverty alleviation through rural tourism, with footfalls in remote attractions last year accounting for almost half the country’s total domestic movement. Of China’s 4.4 billion-strong domestic tourism market in 2016, 2.1 billion participated in rural tourism. These travellers generated a total […]
Destination DC (DDC), the official marketing organisation for Washington, DC, has expanded its partnership with WeChat with the launch of a City Experience Mini Program app to guide Chinese travellers visiting the city, a first in the US. Through its partnership with WeChat, DDC is expecting to enhance the visitor experience for the 304,000 Chinese […]
For the 2017/18 winter season, Silversea Cruises is deploying to Asia four ships across its classic and expedition fleets. The Silver Shadow will sail across the South China Sea to/from Hong Kong and Singapore on January 21, 2018, February 2 and 22, 2018, and March 3 and 25, 2018; while the Silver Whisper will also […]
Giovanni Angelini, founder, Angelini Hospitality, and former CEO and managing director of Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts, looks at the evolution of hotel investments and the shape of future hotels
The Maldives’ Velana International Airport, renamed from Male International Airport earlier this year, has now deployed Amadeus’ airport management solutions in anticipation of an increase in number of travellers and to future-proof its business. The changes come after years of growth that anchored tourism as the Maldives’ main economic contributor, with the airport today serving […]